Scenic / Pretty / Photgraphic Locations on Mainland?

squashy Beeswing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, recently i've been cycling along the Mainland roads and what i mostly seem to see is a mess.  I don't know if it's the lack of coherence or structure or theme, but something's missing for me.  Okay, i get it,  the Mainland isn't like that;   It's essence is about freedom, doing whatever you want, etc., etc.   Can it be i'm on the wrong roads?   Perhaps i should move away from the roads altogether?

Where do i find  the great builds and scenic places?  It seems to me as though Mainland is a patchwork of different bits and pieces, all higgledy piggledy, some good, some not so good, some "will this do?", some truly hideous.  I'm not sure i could live there, though it's interesting enough to drive/ride through.

You don't need to defend the Mainland to me.  I've read the threads and i understand the reasons why you love it so.   I'm really just looking for some pretty scenery and something worth snapshotting.  Any ideas?

While the roads can be fun to travel, I agree that there's lots of random higgeldypiggeldy along much of  them. It seems to be worse where the roads cross sims on the diagonal, and cause lots of little zigzag blocks that are tricky to terraform nicely. Some of us hide off the road a little bit, and enjoy easier-to-terraform blocks.

You are always welcome to visit sunny Sinaburoe. We are very pleased with our gardening efforts down there, and never mind travellers, despite being half a sim back from the road.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.