Even though I messed up my last post PLEASE HELP ME?

TerriXanadu2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2235 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently got my mesh body and head and all of that stuff. Then I realized that my old make ups would not work with new mesh head and body. So I  found out that I needed to buy  APPLIERS  and RELAYS > So   I found out what ones I  needed to purchase and I bought them. But I do not know how to use them. And I  have bought  some new  make ups on MP (market place) but they don't  work  or  they are only for CATWA  heads. So  my question is   If I  have the  OMEGA  SYSTEM RELAYS   FOR ALTAMURA  and the OMEGA SYSTEM INSTALLER FOR ALTAMURA   will the  make ups on MP that are Omega will they work for me?  I am using the  GISELLE BENTO HEAD BY ALTAMURA      I bought   the  head  and all sepearatly  MAITREYA  LARA  BODY GISELLE  BENTO ALTAMURA HEAD  AND ALSO  BOUGHT  THE  GISELLE   SHAP? DONT REMEMBER  BECAUSE I  KEPT BEING TOLD I NEEDED TO BUY MORE AND MORE THINGS

view.jpg

1 hour ago, TerriXanadu2 said:

If I  have the  OMEGA  SYSTEM RELAYS   FOR ALTAMURA  and the OMEGA SYSTEM INSTALLER FOR ALTAMURA   will the  make ups on MP that are Omega will they work for me?  I am using the  GISELLE BENTO HEAD BY ALTAMURA 

Most "should" work. Gizelle will take Omega. You need to have the altamura HUD on if I remember correctly (an alt) as well as the RELAY for altamura. 

Note that sometimes things that should work with Omega do not. Sometimes there are demos. Often not. It MUST SAY OMEGA to work. Catwa works for Catwa. Letluka for Letluka etc. And almost no one is making makeup for altamura. So be sure and READ CAREFULLY. 

You should have everything you need.

I SUGGEST GOING TO THE MARKETPLACE and seeing if you can find some free or really cheap OMEGA makeup to practice with.  It doesn't need to be something you want to keep just to practice :D. 

It IS confusing. We have all been there.

Well most of us LOL. 

The "system" makeup that we can use on our original heads can not be used on any mesh head/body, but you can certainly use Altamura and Omega makeups with everything you have now.

Makeups (and skins, tattoos, etc.) for mesh heads/bodies are supplied in the form of "appliers", which is a little HUD that you click once to apply the makeup. You should find an Altamura applier for several skins and makeups in the Giselle package, and you can easily find Omega makeups in the usual shopping places. Omega makeup adverts almost always have a little purple Ω icon in the corner.

Most Altamura heads support the Omega installer (so that you can apply Omega makeup without using a relay), but from my own tests it appears that the Giselle head does not (maybe the Giselle full-body does). So forget about the Omega Installer; you will need the Omega Relay instead.

Now, applying makeup to the head.
(Step 1) Make sure the Altamura Giselle HUD is attached to your screen. If it is Omega makeup, then you also need to add the Omega Relay for Altamura.
(Step 2) Altamura's method of applying makeup is that first it saves the applier in one of the save slots in its HUD then applies it to the head, so you need to make sure you have at least one of the eight save slots free in the relevant panel of your HUD. For example, if you plan to apply lipstick, click the lips icon on the right and check that at least one of the column of eight save slots is empty (i.e. shows the Altamura logo) - you can safely delete any that are already there by clicking the X beside them.
(Step 3) Add your makeup applier to the screen. In the case of an Omega applier, you might see three icons labelled D, H, and A (standing for Default, HUD-controlled, and All) - these allow you to select the region(s) to apply the makeup to, but in most cases it doesn't matter which you use; D is simplest.
(Step 4) Click the applier. You should see it being added to a save slot in your Giselle HUD and applied to your head.
(Step 5) Detach the applier, and the Omega relay if you were using it.
(Step 6) You can now customise the makeup using your Giselle HUD, by adding colour to it using the drop-down "Color" panel at the bottom and the Blend slider, and by turning it on and off, and you can quickly change to a different previously-applied makeup by clicking the save slots. You can detach the HUD if you no longer need it on the screen.

You can also use Omega appliers (for skins, tattoos, underwear etc.) on your Maitreya body, but you will need to have the Omega Relay (system kit) for Maitreya.

Edited by angeoco
added step 6

• 2 weeks later...

I always buy  head appliers from designers of my body and vice versa. I never use that Omega thing because of the possibility the mesh body parts are incompatible other brands.   Also I have found buying appliers and products  from the one designer colour match well and the neck join is less noticeable.  It saves the risk of buying twice if it’s wrong.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2235 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.