Deleting paypal recurring payment for linden dollars.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2259 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi folks,

For the first time on SL I have bought linden dollars and have paid through Paypal, Linden balance on my account is right.

I notice that a recurring payment has been set up on Paypal, which I probably want to delete. I feel happier this way and should I want to buy more Lindens again I take it, its the same procedure to do.

My question is, am I right in thinking that this won't affect my Linden balance in any way, and I can just go through the above process again when buying Lindens or other items in the SL Marketplace?

Many thanks for any replies.

2 hours ago, slabberman said:

Hi folks,

For the first time on SL I have bought linden dollars and have paid through Paypal, Linden balance on my account is right.

I notice that a recurring payment has been set up on Paypal, which I probably want to delete. I feel happier this way and should I want to buy more Lindens again I take it, its the same procedure to do.

My question is, am I right in thinking that this won't affect my Linden balance in any way, and I can just go through the above process again when buying Lindens or other items in the SL Marketplace?

Many thanks for any replies.

It shouldn't actually be a recurring payment set up in PayPal, but simply an ongoing authorization.

Unless you are also a Premium member and then the recurring payment should be there and must stay - unless you want you premium renewal to fail, which will result in a locked account.

One additional note related to your comment about buying items in the MP --- due to the fees associated with buying L$, you probably don't ever want the MP to do the buy because it will only buy whatever is needed for the MP purchase.  It is better overall for you to buy them yourself and in a quantity to make the fee not be a huge percentage of the overall money being spent.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 8

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2259 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.