What is Catwa

lavandary

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2257 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Will today i was buying some skins and i saw a GIFT skin and it looked so pretty but i saw on description only for catwa so i searched what is catwa but nothing helped me so if someone can help me with how to enable it or anything cuz it makes avtars look gorgeous ??

Catwa is the name of a brand of mesh heads and accessories for those heads, created by Catwa Clip. You can find her Marketplace store here and her inworld store here.

ETA with a little more detail: What you found was a skin applier for a Catwa mesh head. It won't work on a classic/system avatars or on any other brand of mesh head. To wear it you would need to purchase a Catwa mesh head (always demo first; the demos are freely available) then wear the HUD for the skin that you found, click it, and it will apply to your head. You will also need a matching body skin, either for a classic avatar (if you don't have a mesh body) or for whichever mesh body you own.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 1

Catwa makes both static, and Bento mesh heads. The skin you received as a gift would work with either of those two models. The static heads cost roughly 900L, and the Bento models are generally in the neighborhood of 5,000L. Keep in mind that the Bento heads are superior in many ways (newer tech), but the two biggest reasons to go Bento is for the ability to customize the shape of your head, and these heads also feature more points of animation. So their facial expressions are more lifelike.

Catwa has demos of all of her heads at her mainstore. Use the link Skell provided and try some out. You will be able to test your gifted skin on the demo as well. Let us know if you have any other questions.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2257 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.