Upload all LODs in one file?

Anna Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2296 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have started making my meshes with 4 LOD versions, as encouraged by your good offices here.

So far I have been unable to upload them all in one file, although I feel certain it is possible.  I have had to assign 'mesh' to High, mesh_LOD2 to medium, mesh_LOD1 to low, and Mesh_LOD0 to lowest by hand in the uploader.  The mesh_PHYS is assign in the physics window, as I have been doing for some time.  ('mesh' being a simple name like 'door', nothing special character_y in it.)

I tried carefully naming the meshes as above and exporting a DaE with them all in, but this doesn't seem to be noticed by the uploader.  Is this possible, or is there a trick I'm missing.

BTW the results are so good I am kicking myself for not having been doing it forever!  Like a door going from 0.5 to 0.6LI, and being seen from a sim away at browser LOD 1.0.

PS.  The new Firestorm is awesome!

• Like 1

From your description, there might be some missunderstanding of the process, either on your side, or I am just missunderstanding your description.

Anyhow, the naming of the meshes to the proper convention is for multi mesh dae files. That is if you have, let's say a crate with a separate hatch. You can both export in one file, naming each mesh like you did, and then export these 2 meshes in 4 dae files, the LODs, plus one dae for the physics file.

• Thanks 1

It would be nice if the uploader could work like that, Select all the objects with their correct suffixes and save them into a single .dae file and have the uploader place each in the correct slot. But it doesn't work like that.  (Maybe Beq could build a mesh uploader where that was possible :) )

If you have a single mesh object with 4 LOD versions and a physics object then you would save them as 5 different .dae files.

• Object.dae
  • Object medium.dae
  • Object low.dae
  • Object lowest.dae
  • Object Physics.dae

If you are Uploading a linkset of say 3 mesh Objects each consisting of the 4 LOD meshes and a Physics mesh, and all using the correct suffix to their name  (          _LOD2,    _LOD1,   LOD0,   _PHYS ) then you will again need 5 separate .dae files.

• 3 Objects.dae                        (containing all 3 of the High LOD Objects)
  • 3 Objects medium.dae         (Containing all 3 of the Medium LOD objects)
  • 3 Objects low.dae                 (Containg all 3 of the Low LOD Objects)
  • 3 Objects Lowest.dae          (Containing all 3 of the Lowest  LOD objects
  • 3 Objects Physics.dae          (Containing all 3 of the Physics objects)

Note: Its the name given to each object in Blender with their correct suffix that is important. The actual names given to the .dae files is not important.

The Different .dae files are then loaded up to the relevent LOD and Physics slots in the uploader.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2296 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.