Textures becoming corrupted

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2212 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For a while I was using the Radeon R7 on-board video function of my APU. I noticed a strange artifact in how some of my larger textures were rendered. As in your example, Pamela, I would have some textures seem stuck in a half loaded state. Also, as in your case, re-uploading that particular texture resolved it just fine. The strange artifact I encountered was several different occurrences of large textures looking half loaded and blurry on only part of them. The rest would be sharp and clear. Perhaps one third of it would remain blurry.

I have since abandoned using the on-board graphics of that APU in favor of a newish Nvidia card. The problem is gone.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I can confirm this happens, and may have posted myself about this in the  past.

From my observations, it tends to happen to textures that may not have been used by me (or anyone) for a long time (months) and then when accessed suddenly, appears to be blurry and overcompressed.

I wondered if it was what LL's servers do automatically to older and unused textures (being accessed by noone for a long period) to save space. As far as I know, these images remain so until freshly uploaded. Never got an official answer from anyone on this though to date.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2212 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.