"Redeliver item" will send the old item or new item in the marketplace?

Yasojith

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone, I updated my marketplace listing with new updated grass and want to send it to exciting customers. So If I click "Redeliver item" link in the Order Summery page of a customer, will they get the newly updated grass in the list or the the same earlier grass they got before? Many thanks for any kind help. (sorry for poor English, its my second language)

Hi Yasojith :) I would suggest you test it with an alt or a friend. It should deliver the new, active item. However, when I did this (long ago), the original item was sent, NOT the new one. No matter what I did, even deleting the old item from the folders, the old item was what got redelivered. I had reported it here and no one else had the issue I did.  I hope it works properly for you!

• Like 1

On your Market Place, there is a "Test Delivery" button, you should use it. It will deliver to you as though you have just purchased it.

As for your question: YES. If you delete something, add something, even just edit something (like a notecard) inside your Market Place Listings box then hit redelivery: whatever changed you made will be delivered. Also, in the case of multiple versions - you know how it's kind of funny how it is two folders deep for your stuff in your listings (in world listings)? Because that second level folder is the one that is actually delivered and you can have more than one.

You can create a new folder for the product - another copy. Though you'll want to name these in a way that you can remember which is which. Then you select which is the "Active" one. The Active one is the one that will be redelivered. This is good for updating (major updates, obviously) and still keeping the old version around in case anything goes wrong. If a problem is found with your new update, you can make the older version active again and redeliver - it's a "way out" in case something gets messed up.

Always make and keep backups of everything. :)

Edited by Qa Boa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yasojith, if you would like, I am more than happy to be a guinea pig for you. Just tell me which item that you plan to update and I will buy the one listed currently. Then after you see my transaction come through, go ahead and do the update. After that, do a redelivery to me from the Merchant Home/Transaction History, and I will let you know if I got the new one or the original.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.