Latest Beta Viewer 2.6.2....

Conifer Dada

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been using the latest Beta Viewer 2.6.2...something!!

Here are my impressions.  Rezzing of surroundings seems quicker than in other recent versions but avatars still take a long time to rez.

Shadows work better than last time I tried them, but they still cause some lag - but useful for SL photography, especially as snapshots now work properly with shadows.  Two minor glitches, though.  Shiny doesn't seem to work when shadows are enabled and avatar skirt shadows are full-length even if the skirt itself is short.

I tried the avatar physics too.  Being slim and athletic, I don't wobble a lot, but I managed to give myself just enough wobbles so I don't look like I'm made from hard plastic!  It is possible to have extreme wobbling of breasts, tummy and bottom if you want to look like a walking marshmallow, though!

So I give a 'yay' to the latest Beta viewer.:smileyvery-happy:

Shadows and avatar physics are both thumbs up:)

I find the texture loading on both environment and avatars much worse!
In crowded places my world often stays grey:smileysad:

Worst of all is that my viewer freezes about every second time I log in:smileymad:
It is sending a crash report though, so I hope it is being taking care of.

I am on beta viewer 2.6.3.226640

Karma Avedon wrote:

The new Beta will not even boot up on my computer, it crashes at loging and shuts off..so I guess it is thumbs down for me. This is what I ger for being such a big supporter of the SL viewer. No good deed goes unpunished.

Try reinstalling and clearing cache.  If that does not work please raise an issue in the JIRA with system specs (if you can get to the login screen).

• 3 months later...

Why ask for help really?

The thing is that you just get a bunch of generic answers like clear cache and so on but it is the viewer and all the troubleshooting that is the problem.

I try and get friends to play SL and they all have top notch computers like myself but when they try to rez or log in they are over it because every other game that any gamer plays does not have these issues.

when they put something out it works as it should with small glitches maybe but to not be able to log in or have to wait 15 min to rez is just crazy.

I have been on SL since 2007 and if you ask me this new viewer "viewer2" is not ready.

I tell everyone to use viewer 1 until they make it to where you dont have to spend all day troubleshooting and trying to learn how to make the viewer work.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.