All specular maps make 100% reflection.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm having an issue where any specular map I apply to my mesh creates a 100% shiny object, no matter what level of gray/black/white. I've used my own textures and specular map shades from the marketplace with the same result. The glossiness, environment, and color options do not make any sort visible change for me.

I have all graphics settings at their highest with hardware skinning, advanced lighting models enabled, etc. and I'm on Firestorm 5.0.7.52912

Does anyone know what my issue could be?

Update: After playing around, it seems that using the "brightness" setting in the Bumpiness slot is screwing things up.

I'm not exactly sure but I think what's happening is that, as soon as I set that option, it reverts to the old pre-material system and totally ignores the spec map.

Anyone have suggestions for generating a normal map from a diffuse texture? The brightness setting did great given my diffuse, but the UV map generators I've tried seem to create UV seams so I'm not sure if it's making an SL compatible UV map (using CrazyBump)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.