Glytch Delivery Problems seem to be Sim Specific

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

While I haven't been able to get any glytch deliveries since Saturday, a friend (different house, different ISP) reports that SOME sims are delivering some glytchs and others not. He didn't remember which were delivering unfortunately, but putting this info in in case it is important. 

For now, Imma taking a break from hunting :D. 

• 4 weeks later...

The information that helps is specific information and precise time of events. So, region name and details of the event. The precise time reduces the log data that has to be dug through.

Also, the information is nearly useless in the forum. Here users sort of sort out what is happening and share workarounds. We decide if it is us or them :)  The Lindens seldom follow the forum conversations.

To get information to the software engineers we file JIRA Bug Reports. They need details and precise time. Even the nearest minute in a system that is doing trillions of things per second calls into question the human idea of 'precise'.

Your ISP is not likely to affect the delivery of any SL item. I'm not sure what a glytch item is. A glitch is a transient problem. A Gacha is a wide variety of items. But a Glytch?

Your viewer sends your actions to the region server over your connection. Scripts running in the region server talk to the accounting, asset, and inventory servers to register a sale and transfer of goods. Those server actions happen within the Linden network. This is getting more complex as the system is moved into the cloud. But, even then what I've described is not happening on your connection. Only your clicks to purchase travel over your connection. Then the 'apparent' update to your inventory comes over your connection. But, that is only an update to your local inventory list. The original and master of that list lives in the Linden servers and that is where the actual delivery happens.

We, the other users here, appreciate your help.

PS: DOH! It just dawned on me you mean those wild Glytches running across the grid in the SL game. Still same problem. There should be a JIRA already started that you can add information to. That will help the Lindens chase it down. Know when these things go wrong tells them where to look in the logs. So, even non-techy's times help.

Edited by Nalates Urriah
DOH!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.