Griefing?

Zenless

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2416 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a sim.  This morning had an incident where dilation dropped to 0, FPS to 1-5.  Any estate tools such as restart and viewing grips were/are unresponsive.   The sim has remained like this for over an hour, eventually crashing my firestorm account but one text based account is still logged into it.   I cannot TP into it or log onto it so I cannot restart,etc.   It's just stuck in this frozen state.  

Before my firestorm crashed I did take these

https://gyazo.com/c46a76f526d00a5a9a97cb7da7c5ba38

https://gyazo.com/348bcbfd4b620f4ac445b9274fcf0695

So it's been hours and I can't get on my sim at all.  I am unsure if this is some error or a grief, if anyone can shed any light on it, it would be appreciated as I have no clue as to the root of the problem and even if LL reboots the sim I have concerns it will happen again (my sim has had long-term issues with griefers)

4 answers to this question

Separate issues.   Issue 1 was a query involving why numbers seemed off, nothing to do with grief.  The second one you posted was the first really seeking help with a grief.   The third was a grief situation that had gotten out of control to the point there were blackmail attempts which the Lindens did help with.   This last one (this one) was trying to figure out what was happening as there is not currently a griefing tool that I know of which causes this effect which is why I phrased it as a question.

We did find the cause and let the Lindens know as it is something that could be exploited as a grief (in this case the occurrence was accidental).  So this issue was resolved.

I've run a fairly active roleplay sim for several years.  Any -active- RP sim that last more than a couple of years tends to develop some enemies, whether these enemies create drama or grief varies from sim to sim but it always happens eventually if you meet that criteria.  Even today as we I write this I had 70% of the sim returned due to griefing but I know exactly what happened so i don't need to open a new thread on it to try to figure it out. So this "Munchhausen" comment is fairly ignorant.

Edited by Zenless

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2416 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.