Trouble making clothes fit right

Mvriposa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am new to second life and not sure what is going on when I try on close. When I try on clothes, they don't fit how they are suppose to, like close against the skin. How do I fix it? I bought a body shape that said it was for slink hourglass (not 100% sure what that means), but I ended up editing my shape a little. What am I doing wrong?

2_002.png

8 minutes ago, Mvriposa said:

How do I fix it?

I bought a body shape that said it was for slink hourglass (not 100% sure what that means),

What am I doing wrong?

as you'r new i think you'r not aware yet that you can't just buy clothes, or shapes...

A hourglass shape will not work if you don't own the hourglass body.

Also the hourglass body+shape will need specially made clothes. You can recognize those at the logo's and description.

I think you now wear a standard body, with your hourglass shape,  nothing will fit, not even the standard clothes you started with, nor the hourglass designed clothes because you miss the essential body by slink.

To get a bit more info about mesh bodies and clothes i'd reccomend you read  http://meshbodyaddicts.com/  

and https://strawberrysingh.com/

don't buy clothes or other things like bodies, before you know how you want to look, buying in the wild will cost you a lot of money and you end up with a lot useless clothes/items.

2 hours ago, Mvriposa said:

When I try on clothes, they don't fit how they are suppose to, like close against the skin.

The clothes you wear are probably meant to be worn with a certain mesh body and will only fit that one.

I bought a body shape that said it was for slink hourglass (not 100% sure what that means)

The shape you brought is designed with the intention to be worn by someone who uses the slink hourglass body. Slink is a brand that makes mesh bodies (along other products) and the hourglass body is one of their mesh bodies.

I am new to second life and not sure what is going on when I try on close. When I try on clothes, they don't fit how they are suppose to, like close against the skin. How do I fix it? I bought a body shape that said it was for slink hourglass (not 100% sure what that means), but I ended up editing my shape a little. What am I doing wrong?

Hello and welcome.

Since the introduction of meshes on SL, dressing an avie had became less straightforward but not harder. There are just a few things to know :

- standard size mesh : this clothing has a static predefinite form. Editing your appearance will not modify the shape of the clothing.

-standard fitmesh : this clothing is made to adapt to your shape. If you edit your appearance, this fitmesh cloth will also grow/shrink/stretch/etc...

-<brandname> fitmesh : these clothings are designed specifically for a fitmesh body. SLink Hourglass is one of those fitmesh bodies and fitmesh clothings for SLink Hourglass fit only with this meshbody. There are other common meshbodies : Lara, Belleza Venus, Belleza Isis, Belleza Freya, SLink Physique. Each time you'll see an item with this tag in their name, it means that this fitmesh cloth is designed for this meshbody.

Sometimes it is recommended to add an alpha, this usually helps to prevent clipping issues between the body and the mesh cloth (the body may poke through the mesh cloth). But then you should find an alpha for the mesh cloth in its folder.

Along with what other folks have said, I suggest since you seem to want to have a super curvy body that you get a DEMO of the Slink hourglass MESH BODY. You can then play around with that and see if you can get the shape you want (not all shapes are possible but you already know how to tweak your shape so that is a good start.  

If you buy a mesh body (let's say Slink Hourglass for example) then you will need to buy clothes FOR Slink Hourglass. 

ALWAYS DEMO THE CLOTHES! ALWAYS DEMO THE CLOTHES!ALWAYS DEMO THE CLOTHES!ALWAYS DEMO THE CLOTHES!

LOL

Not all clothes that say the fit a mesh body, fit it well. You can do all this with the demo mesh body. IF you decide to purchase a mesh body (usually around $10 US so not cheap) then you will also need skin for that body so that your head and body have the same skin color.  So before you buy more items I suggest spending a few days shopping and trying things on and finding a "look" that you like. No point in wasting money.

You can ALSO just keep your old style standard body. These days though it is difficult to get clothes and especially shoes as so many designers are now making for mesh.

Good luck and have fun. It IS complicated. It was complicated for me three years ago when I switched and I had already been in SL six years :D.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.