Rules Check

Jaidera

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2488 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just had a rather negative interaction with an in-world merchant/landlord. Are professional, courteous 'warning threads' (with proof) about sellers allowed in the commerce section? I was reading the rules stickied there, and it seemed somewhat vague.

No, those threads will be locked, and then typically deleted. The community guidelines specifically state, " Interpersonal Disputes or Personal Negative Commentary: If you have a personal disagreement, do not post about it on the Second Life community pages. Residents who have personal differences have other channels of communication available to them — private messaging in the forums, IM within Second Life, or chatting within Second Life. "

Just now, Chase01 said:

No, those threads will be locked, and then typically deleted. The community guidelines specifically state, " Interpersonal Disputes or Personal Negative Commentary: If you have a personal disagreement, do not post about it on the Second Life community pages. Residents who have personal differences have other channels of communication available to them — private messaging in the forums, IM within Second Life, or chatting within Second Life. "

That's not what I'm interested in. I don't have a dispute with the merchant in question, simply a very negative experience. I don't need a resolution, I'm just interested in protecting others from the same trouble.

It's too bad you can leave public ratings on Marketplace transactions, but in-world transactions are 'wild-west' and completely unsafe.

3 minutes ago, Jaidera said:

That's not what I'm interested in. I don't have a dispute with the merchant in question, simply a very negative experience. I don't need a resolution, I'm just interested in protecting others from the same trouble.

It's too bad you can leave public ratings on Marketplace transactions, but in-world transactions are 'wild-west' and completely unsafe.

A negative experience would constitute a dispute. That's why posting the details about your encounter on the official forums is not permitted. Like it or not, that is the rule.

1 hour ago, Jaidera said:

Not entirely true. MP reviews must be objective about the product, quality, features etc.

Start ranting about how unfairly a merchant might have been will just be grounds for the merchant getting the review deleted.

If you're not sure about an inworld purchase, try contacting the merchant prior to purchase.

Edited by Sassy Romano
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2488 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.