Detect vehicle type

alice8200

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2504 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is there a way to get what type of vehicle, boat or plane, an avatar sits on?

There is the llSetVehicleType but I can't seem to find an equivalent to read that flag.
I fear I have missed something really fundamental here but I can't for my life find out how to do it.

No, there really isn't.  Most vehicles turn out to be hybrids of some kind rather than "airplanes" or "boats" or whatever, so knowing the vehicle type really tells you little more than its basic default parameters, most of which can be modified.

Thank You for the quick response.

I'll try and go another path to determine what kind of vehicle the avatar sits on.
Since I don't need an exact definition I might get it to work. More in the line of "she is sitting on something that floats on the water and moves, that makes it a boat".

• Like 1

That makes sense.  Note also that it is possible to script a vehicle to change types, so that a car becomes an airplane or a boat.  I've scripted a couple of things that maneuver like a jet aircraft as long as they are in the air but behave like a car on the ground.  You may need to make your check several times to be sure that the answer in your case hasn't changed.

Thanks for the input.

The objective is to be able to show different icons. So it could even be a bird icon if the person is flying "solo", is in a plane or ballon or jumps of a cliff in their car. ;)
And the main thing was to not show a boat icon unless they are on the water.

I was only hoping there was a shortcut to do this but I cant see any reasons for not being able to do an estimate of what to show. :) 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2504 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.