blue tutorial bubble wont go away

Utkasta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2456 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

went through social island but the blue bubble is stuck on "to leave walk through the portal in the middle of the courtyard"
there were several portals an no mater what one I use the bubble is still on the screen asking me to walk through.

already tried right clicking on it and detaching but it wont work

how to I get it off the screen

2 answers to this question

The HUDs on both Learning and Social Island attach to you using a LSL scripting command llAttachToAvatarTemp.     Sometimes when HUDs attached in this way detach themselves when you leave a region, messages between your viewer and the two regions involved get rather mixed up, with the result that the simulators involved think you've removed the HUD but your viewer has never actually received a message telling it to remove it from your screen.   However, neither the viewer nor the simulator think you're wearing the HUD.   So the viewer won't let you remove something it doesn't know your GPU is still drawing on your screen..  

Tl; dr  -- the HUD is what we call "ghosted."   When this happens, the only fix is to relog.   

• Like 2

There is only one portal on Learning Island.  It is in the middle of the Courtyard.  That portal leads directly to Social Island.  When you arrive there, the blue tutorial HUD that attached in Learning Island will disappear and be replaced immediately with a new one for Social Island.  You cannot remove it, but it will disappear as soon as you leave Social Island.  You may leave Social Island by teleporting directly to any other location, or by using one of the special portals to go to topical Destinations.

If the Tutorial HUD does not detach after you leave Social Island, please submit a support case.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2456 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.