I can not connect

TielenMoraes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a problem connecting to the Alchemy viewer in a few months, I've tried other viewers but this is the best for me. Whenever I click login it starts to load but at the time of entering the game I am disconnected, I contacted one of the developers who advised me to contact the support he told me this (After speaking to several other developers about your log files we believe the cause of your issue is an incredibly flat inventory structure. The viewer is hanging while it creates the inventory ui widgets which is commonly caused by such a problem. You should contact Linden Lab Support about de-flattening your inventory.) I need to know what to do. help!!!!

Edited by TielenMoraes

3 answers to this question

Install the standard viewer, if it isn't installed already.  If you can log in with that one, then open your inventory.  Start putting things into folders and sub-folders.  For example, in Clothing, you might have a folder called Military Uniforms.  In that folder, you might have sub-folders called WW II Uniforms, US Navy Uniforms, Futuristic Uniforms, and so on.  Your Textures folder could have sub-folders for Stone, Wood, Fabric, Marble, Metals, Scenery, and so on.  You shouldn't have more than oh, say a hundred or so things in any one folder.    

If you cannot log in with any viewer, file a support case.  Go to your Dashboard page on this site, and choose Help/Support/Create Case.  Explain the problem, that your inventory organization is preventing you from logging in.  NOTE:  You might not get support for this unless you are a Premium member.  If that is the case, you'll have to register for a one month Premium membership ($9.50 USD, but I think it's half off right now).  Then submit your support request again.

• Like 2

@TielenMoraes  Some additional information for you.

SL downloads inventory folder by folder. Not the things, just the names and pointers to the actual assets. So, it is downloading text information.

Depending on connection quality and speed, problems appear around 5,000 items per folder. May be less, way less, on a really poor connection and more on a great connection. Computer performance may also affect the problem.

There is no SL limit on the size of inventory or the number of items you can have in inventory total or per folder. But, the physics of the Internet network system imposes a per folder limt. As it is different for each user, there is not definitive recommended limit. 

On a practical level, I find it difficult to deal with more than a few hundred items per folder. So, have lots of inventory folders.

NOw that I've been playing in Sl for 9 years, I need to clean out old stuff I never use. For the last 3 years I have been using year numbers in folder names. So, in CLOTheS I have:

• 2014 Dresses
  • 2015 Dresses
  • 2016 Dresses
  • 2017 Dresses
    • Mesh
      • Short
      • Sexy
      • Long
      • Evening
      • etc
    • Classic

There are tools built into the viewer available for cleaning up and organizing inventory and working with outfits. If you aren't using them, look them up.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.