How can i get my lindens returned because of fraud

InternetHITS

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2466 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi,

I would like to know how I get my lindens returned. I bought a bike shell of this <Moderator Redacted> But i got delivered a stupid sculpted *****ty motorbike shell and 1 script! And this is pure fraud!

But the sellers account <Moderator Redacted>  doenst exist anymoe although the store is still on mp <Moderator Redacted> So I want my lindens back of linden How can I accomplish this?

Anyone?

Edited by Dakota Linden
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Community_Participation_Guidelines

2 answers to this question

15 hours ago, InternetHITS said:

Hi,

I would like to know how I get my lindens returned. I bought a bike shell of this <Moderator Redacted>

But i got delivered a stupid sculpted *****ty motorbike shell and 1 script! And this is pure fraud!

But the sellers account <Moderator Redacted> doenst exist anymoe although the store is still on mp <Moderator Redacted>

So I want my lindens back of linden How can I accomplish this?

Anyone?

My best guess is to submit a ticket.

https://support.secondlife.com/

You should be able to click on Help - Contact Support if you are logged into the viewer and the web page will be loaded up in your browser window for you.

To submit a new ticket, click on the Submit a Support Case in the menu on the right.

Edited by Dakota Linden

Fraud is a RL crime. Linden Lab is a business entity, not a law enforcement agency.

The Lab enforces ONLY the ToS, the 'contract' you accepted when signing up. In general user-to-user disputes are not a matter the Lab staff will handle. So, they may or may not help. If you can show a violation of the ToS, you are more likely to get help.

If a store in RL ripped you off, you wouldn't call up their landlord and complain. You would call the police, law enforcement. In SL fraud and theft tends to be  in the range of US$ to $100. Most enforcement agencies won't bother with a complaint involving less than US$250,000.00.

We are very much on our own when buying stuff in SL. While there are many compassionate people in SL I'll say most of us while empathizing can't do much more than watch to see if you'll deal with these problems as an adult... or whine and cry.

Sorry for your loss. :(

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2466 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.