SL Server problems -2107-07-10?

Rachel1206

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2481 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Experiencing weird things last 24 hours:

• Rezz of an item can take minutes
  • Building/making items and taking it into inventory, does not show up inventory but after several minutes or after a relog.
  • Delivery from Marketplace does not show up in received items although popup text tells it is delivered. On next login it showed up in received items.
  • Tried a clear inventory cache, nothing get cleared....

Connection perfect, fiber 30 Mbps, ping 19 ms. Internal ping sim 200-220 ms.

Edited by Rachel1206

Rachel

Under normal conditions your ping of 19ms is clearly not to the Tucson server farm (unless you happen to live in AZ) or your ping sim would not be 200-220ms.  If it WAS, I'd say that the server was having a problem and needs to be restarted.  Contact the sim owner about that.

We need more information about your computer system before anyone can give any meaningful advice.

21 minutes ago, Aishagain said:

Rachel

Under normal conditions your ping of 19ms is clearly not to the Tucson server...

We need more information about your computer system before anyone can give any meaningful advice.

No the 19 ms ping is to my local IP (in Denmark), ping to Tuscon, AZ is 175 ms. Sim ping time of 190-240 ms reported by Firestorm  ( Performance Tools->Statistics Bar ), these values are normal for Europeans.

System information - same system without problems for over an year until yesterday, where I noticed the weird behavior with inventory started:

Firestorm 5.0.7 (52912) Jun 13 2017 03:57:58 (Firestorm-Releasex64) with OpenSimulator support

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (2195 MHz)
Memory: 8103 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 14393)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GT 630M/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 9.17.0010.4459
OpenGL Version: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 378.66

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.47.0 OpenSSL/1.0.1i zlib/1.2.8
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.9.1
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Ex 4.44.61
LLCEFLib/CEF Version: 1.5.3-(CEF-WIN-3.2526.1347-32)
LibVLC Version: 2.2.4
Voice Server Version: Vivox 4.6.0017.22050

Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: Firestorm (Grey)
Window size: 1920x1017 px
Font Used: Deja Vu (96 dpi)
Font Size Adjustment: 0 pt
UI Scaling: 1
Draw distance: 240 m
Bandwidth: 1450 kbit/s
LOD factor: 3
Render quality: Medium (3/7)
Advanced Lighting Model: Yes
Texture memory: 1024 MB (1)
VFS (cache) creation time (UTC): unknown
Built with MSVC version 1800
Packets Lost: 34/82,330 (0.0%)
July 10 2017 14:16:11 SLT

OK Rachel

I see nothing amiss in your system, but I would say that mesh is slower to rez for me too on 5.0.7 but the symptoms you are reporting sound more like a problem with the simulator/region you are in.

Or:

Your graphics system is not great the x30M GPU is a weak one (the second digit (3) is the important one really together with the M suffix), especially with a 240m draw distance.  Try reducing it to 160 or even 96m see if anything improves.  I find LOD of 3.5 works better for me with mesh especially.

I am guessing that you have a dual graphics set up from the Windows graphics driver listed...make sure that Firestorm IS using the Nvidia GPU and hasn't reverted to the on-board graphics of the CPU after a Windows update (it can happen).

Some of your symptoms suggest your PC is also running slowly...time for a scan perhaps?

Outside of this, are you WiFi or hard-wired? If you are WiFi, a bandwidth of 1450kbps is way too high.  It needs to be around 500 kbps for WiFi.  Check and reboot your router.  The reason for a low bandwidth requirement for SL is due to the slow packet delivery capability of all WiFi systems (I was told this by someone who ought to know, an ISP engineer).

It is independent of region/SIM, same with lower LOD, view distance, lower bandwidth. To me it is clearly server sides issues.

And things suddenly starting working normal again 2017-07-11...

Edited by Rachel1206

Rachel

Good that it has cleared up for you but that sounds far more like an ISP issue that went away than anything else.

I had no changes to my experience over the recent past days.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2481 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.