please help! info on how to open a large diner.

tbone19

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2524 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Have been purchasing diner's and clubs and cannot open them. I know that people say to open them at a sandbox but then how do they get to where they are supposed to be like from the sandbox to the desired location? And how do you even open it in the sandbox? Can someone plz write out the actual steps to take....I have been finding bits and pieces of answers but I still cannot do it. 

Thank you! :) 

I'm not 100% clear about what you are trying to do. First, the only reason that anyone recommends going to a sandbox to rez things is that sandboxes are a universal default option.  There are hundreds and hundreds of sandboxes in SL, so that's a good place to rez things if you don't have land of your own.  I'm assuming from your comments, though, that you do have land -- the "desired location" where you intend to put your buildings. So, forget the sandbox.  Just rez the buildings where you want them.

How? The same way you rez anything.  Find the object in your inventory, left click on it and hold the mouse button down while you drag it to wherever you want to put it.  Then let go.  Voila!  Rezzed.  Then you can move it as necessary to get it precisely where you want it, or you can either Take or Delete it if you decide that you don;t want the building there after all.  The basic description of your building tools is in the Knowledge Base, right here

If your buildings were sold in a box -- a very common way to package items for sale in SL -- then you'll need to open the box to transfer its contents to your inventory before you rez them.  To do that, read this

If any of this doesn't make sense to you, I suggest visiting Caledon Oxbridge University in world and working through some of their excellent tutorials, or maybe taking a free course at the Builders Brewery.

• Like 1

Note also that many buildings (especially prim buildings) come in Rez Boxes -- so when you open the box that the building came in (likely but this is not always true, I don't box mine :D) you may get a box looking item that you need to click in order to have the house or diner "rez" (appear) for you.

Also I suggest that if this is a copy item to go ahead and practice in a sandbox. Once you get the hang of opening and placing things it will make more sense. You can just delete the building you practiced on (AGAIN ONLY IF IT IS A COPY DINER).  Then go to where you want it to be REALLY and rez it -- or the rez box -- again and repeat the process. A few tries and you will have it. We all had to figure this stuff out. It DOES work :D. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2524 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.