What character sequences can remove chat window focus?

agentronin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have prepared weapon command macros for my Roccat Nyth mouse's buttons to control my bow and sword. Sending a weapon command macro puts the chat window in focus which makes the WASD keys enter characters in local chat instead of move my avatar. To get moving again ASAP I need the macro's last characters to get the chat window out of focus.

I attempted to do this with the Escape character. This does work, but unfortunately it also knocks my viewer out of mouselook. I cannot have this. In combat I could be defeated in the time it takes for me to get back to mouselook. So this is not an acceptable solution.

Ctrl+H will remove focus from the chat window. Unfortunately it does this by closing the chat window which I need to remain on screen. Also it is a toggle. If the chat window is closed this will do the opposite of what I need.

What is a better way for a macro to get the chat window out of focus?

3 answers to this question

On 5/29/2017 at 0:11 PM, agentronin said:

I have prepared weapon command macros for my Roccat Nyth mouse's buttons to control my bow and sword. Sending a weapon command macro puts the chat window in focus which makes the WASD keys enter characters in local chat instead of move my avatar. To get moving again ASAP I need the macro's last characters to get the chat window out of focus.

I attempted to do this with the Escape character. This does work, but unfortunately it also knocks my viewer out of mouselook. I cannot have this. In combat I could be defeated in the time it takes for me to get back to mouselook. So this is not an acceptable solution.

Ctrl+H will remove focus from the chat window. Unfortunately it does this by closing the chat window which I need to remain on screen. Also it is a toggle. If the chat window is closed this will do the opposite of what I need.

What is a better way for a macro to get the chat window out of focus?

I suggest you use a set of Gestures to send the weapons commands. Use the mouse controls to trigger the gestures. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.