Spam, spam, spam - How to turn off Lab's warnings

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2518 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am setting up waves in one of my sims, and it's spamming me. The lab are very kind to warn me that large prims can't be rezzed if there is a player in the rez zone, which is going to happen a lot.

spam_001.png.9a74b9074c4aa1f69c9a16e5d93d811c.png

Does anyone know how to turn this useless message off in firestorm? It's quite an unnecessary warning to be honest, especially as it needs OK pressed because  it steals focus. Type away, that pops up and one's typing is interrupted.

Edited by Callum Meriman

Hmmm  there is no way to disable those notifications without editing notifications.xml ( ...skins\default\xui\en\notifications.xml(12476)) in the viewer.
Changing the LargePrimAgentIntersect notification from type notify to a notifytip may be enough but I don't have time to test it right now.

Let me know if you can't work it out & I'll have a look later.

• Like 1

Awesomeness Whirly. That gives me:

(08:22:52) itsuka>> diff -u notifications.xml.old notifications.xml
--- notifications.xml.old       2017-05-27 08:20:28.804611828 +1000
+++ notifications.xml   2017-05-27 08:21:26.915739254 +1000
@@ -12313,9 +12313,9 @@
   </notification>

<notification
-   icon="alertmodal.tga"
+   icon="notifytip.tga" 
    name="LargePrimAgentIntersect"
-   type="notify">
+   type="notifytip">
    <tag>fail</tag>
 Cannot create large prims that intersect other players.  Please re-try when other players have moved.
   </notification>

which removes the ok button but leaves the spam, so a little better, but still a page of mess when a guest decides to hover right where the waves appear, which they seem to love. Is there a way to disable this notification completely? 

In my opinion this should be like trying to rez something more than the maximum distance away, a silent failure.

Wewt, found it. The verb STOPIT can be used.

(10:16:19) itsuka>> diff -u notifications.xml.old notifications.xml
--- notifications.xml.old       2017-05-27 08:20:28.804611828 +1000
+++ notifications.xml   2017-05-27 10:16:19.583470737 +1000
@@ -12313,9 +12313,9 @@
   </notification>

<notification
-   icon="alertmodal.tga"
+   icon="notifytip.tga" 
    name="LargePrimAgentIntersect"
-   type="notify">
+   type="STOPIT">
    <tag>fail</tag>
 Cannot create large prims that intersect other players.  Please re-try when other players have moved.
   </notification>

Using Whirly's invaluable help for the file and section, plus this post from 2011. 

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

They are for surfing. A lot of beaches in SL have them.

Like this https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Maoli-NextGen-Freestyle-Box/4794932

Ahh ok.  Wow, those are expensive!

Thanks for posting the solution!  I didn't know about  type="STOPIT"
As far as I'm aware it's the region the stops the rezzing of megas that will intersect with other players (anti-grief thing) so just be aware that some of the rezzes may fail even though the notification has been silenced.

• Like 1

Expensive, but they are such great waves, and it's a big vibrant community too as I am fast finding out.

I have heard that (apparently) the lab made this no-rez thing and the message to deal with griefers about 4 or so years ago, when a "fun" trick was to rez a megaprim and catch everyone near. Not sure if that is true or a "friend of a friend told me" thing though. hehe

Whirly, thanks for your awesome help, as always! Finding where it is done has helped a lot of people. *big hugs*

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Expensive, but they are such great waves, and it's a big vibrant community too as I am fast finding out.

They look really cool.  Is the location Public?  If so, would you please pass me a landmark?  I'd love to see them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2518 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.