Can't Get Dressed?

EwokofEndor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

1 answer to this question

Why bother with clothes?  You're an Ewok! xD

Seriously, you may just be doin' it wrong.  I do not use Appearance/Edit Outfit as a way to change clothes, only to save a look as an Outfit once I have got it the way I want.  Instead, wear or add things from your Inventory window.  I have never found double clicking items in inventory to wear them to be reliable.  The way I do it is to right click the item and choose either ADD or WEAR.  There's a difference in how the two commands work.  WEAR will replace anything on the destination clothing layer or attachment point with the new item.  ADD will leave anything currently attached or worn in place, but add the new item on top of it/them.

There are two types of clothing items, clothing layers and attachments.  Clothing layers are textures that are applied to your classic avatar body.  Each of the several types has its own special inventory symbol...a shirt, jacket, pants, gloves, skirt, etc.  You can wear up to 60 clothing layer items in any combination (though I'm not sure why you'd want to!)  Skins and tattoos are another type of avatar texture layer.  None of these will affect mesh clothing or attachments.  

Attachments are 3D objects, as opposed to textures.  They attach to any one of more than 30 avatar attachment points...chin, pelvis, hand, etc.  There are also HUD attach points to attach control panels for various things to your screen.  You can wear multiple attachments on a single attachment point by using the ADD command.

Note that if you really ARE an Ewok...that is, you're wearing an Ewok avatar, that avatar is itself an attachment (or, possibly, several attachments).  It won't be affected by layer type clothing, and mesh clothing will most likely not fit it, unless it's clothing specifically made for that avatar.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.