Transferring No-Copy To Player Held Object

Vindictii

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2563 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just starting to learn LSL. I have started with something that I thought would be simple: I have created a 'well' from which to draw water (a 'well' prim with with 'water' prims inside of it) and 'bucket' with which to draw the water. The well, water, and the bucket are 'no-modify' and 'no-copy'. When players click on the well they can draw the water prims into their inventory directly - that works fine. But when the player attempts to use the bucket, the water prim does not transfer to bucket's inventory. The error message provided is: 

Unable to give inventory: 'Blocked by permissions'.

The bucket has 'llAllowInventoryDrop(TRUE) working correctly - the player can deposit the water into the bucket by dragging and dropping the water prim to the bucket. The script works fine when I hold the bucket and touch the well i.e. the water prim will move from the well to the bucket, but since I am the creator of both there are no permissions to deal with...

So my question is: Is there a way to get around the permissions so that players can use the bucket to collect and hold the water without having to collect the water to player inventory and then drop it into the bucket?

17 hours ago, Vindictii said:

The water would only appear in the bucket's inventory. It doesn't need to be visible to other players.

Ok, but what is the purpose of the prim water? When/how does it get used? I'm just asking, because you may be able to just commands on a hidden channel for the water to show/hide when necessary, and skip the whole transferring of inventory bit altogether. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ruthven Willenov said:

Ok, but what is the purpose of the prim water? When/how does it get used? I'm just asking, because you may be able to just commands on a hidden channel for the water to show/hide when necessary, and skip the whole transferring of inventory bit altogether. 

Was thinking the same exact thing. 

I can get wanting to know how to do it, because if it can be done at all, I certainly want to know how, but yeah, I have to agree it's a really hard way of doing the job... I tried making a putt-putt golf cup, like for catching a golf ball, but the physics of a cup shape (and the impossibility of getting a ball to go inside it) finally drove me to use a collision event to delete the physical ball and toggle the alpha on one I'd embedded in the "hollow" of the cup. It wasn't the exact thing I wanted to do, but it was the same effect visually.

Considering all of what we're working with concerns an appearance, and not necessarily the real thing, the effect is more important than the method, IMO.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't keep trying to get it to do what I wanted in the meantime, tho. xD If you figure it out, tell us how you did it!

Edited by Berksey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2563 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.