empressAzy

Moving Avatar When in Voice

Question

I noticed tonight while logged into SL, when me and my partner are in voice chat my upper body moves uncontrollably.  when i disable voice chat i move fine with AO on.  however with AO on and in voice chat my upper body begins to move.  Please help me.  

5 answers to this question

11 hours ago, Stoney Diavolo said:

I have the same issue ... when on voice, my avatar leans back and waves his arms when I talk. I turned off my AO and that didn't make any difference. How do you turn off  the "voice gestures" that you refer to? TIA ...

Open your inventory & in the inventory search box at the top, type in the word active.
The search results will show up all gestures you currently have activated.
Right click each gesture -> Deactivate.

• Like 2

There are "voice gestures" that, when activated, cause your avatar to appear to speak and gesticulate when using Voice.  If those are active in your Gestures, they may be causing this.  Or your AO may include voice animations.  Or, it's possible that BOTH the voice gestures and your AO are trying to animate you, and are interfering with each other.

• Like 1

I have the same issue ... when on voice, my avatar leans back and waves his arms when I talk. I turned off my AO and that didn't make any difference. How do you turn off  the "voice gestures" that you refer to? TIA ...

10 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Open your inventory & in the inventory search box at the top, type in the word active.
The search results will show up all gestures you currently have activated.
Right click each gesture -> Deactivate.

Thanks Whirly ... that did it! I had a Speech Gesture that was activated.... 

• Like 1