Alpha hud for classic avatars?

rosethickett

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I may have used the wrong terminology as I am still learning, but I do know that there is something on, for instance, the maitreya bodies that allow you to make sure your clothes layers don't clip into your skin and stuff like that.

I'm on the normal body with a bento head currently and really at this point don't see much need to upgrade to maitreya yet. I am envious of that little cool feature I mentioned though. Currently the skirt I wear clips whenever I walk. It's perfect when I stand still, but in motion, my legs come poking through. Is there anyway to fix this? Thank you in advance. 

You don't need a special HUD.  All you need to do it wear (Add, actually) the alpha layer that came with your skirt.  If you are wearing a prim skirt, though, alpha is not the problem.  That's what prim skirts do.  That's why women in SL always wear glitch pants with prim skirts.  There should be a pair in the folder with the skirt, textured the same as the skirt.  If they aren't long enough, you can use your Appearance adjustments to lengthen them.

Woman's clothing always involves tradeoffs.  Prim skirts flow nicely because they use flexi prims. You can't sit well with them, though, and you do poke through them (unless you're wearing short skirts).  Mesh doesn't flow well at all --it looks like a rubber suit -- but you don't poke through and you can sort of sit gracefully.

4 hours ago, rosethickett said:

Currently the skirt I wear clips whenever I walk. It's perfect when I stand still, but in motion, my legs come poking through. Is there anyway to fix this? Thank you in advance. 

If it's mesh and you aren't wearing the supplied alpha find it in inventory right click and add if you are wearing the alpha try one of the other sizes lastly if you really love the skirt you may have to adjust you shape to fit it

Also it is quite possible the supplied alpha doesn't cover enough of the body i've had that problem with clothes the worst with one dress i got at the Sea Hole outlet as long as i stood still with no arm movements it fitted well as soon as i went to walk the entire shoulder back would clip through 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.