Auto return will group objects stay?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4913 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all just after some advise about setting auto return, so far we just check land and send stuff back but wer getting a lot of junk left so i want to set up auto return, but just want to know if tenants set there objects to our group will they stay? as i dont want to send all our shop owners stuff back to them lol.  i have granted rights to build if they have dealer tag will this keep their stuff on land when auto return cleans up?

Yes that's basically how auto return works on group land.  Anything set to group will remain.  Anything not set to group will be autoreturned.

Just make sure everyone is aware of the change.  It's real easy to forget to wear the proper group tag when rezzing objects.  Nothing is more annoying than rezzing objects just to have them disappear 5 minutes later!  If the land is set for group objects only, this won't be too much of a problem except for you, the owner.  That's because you can rezz objects regardless of your group tag.  However, if you are wearing the wrong tag, the object will pick up the wrong group and it will get auto-returned.   Use the About Land - Objects tab to see how many non-group objects are on the land before you turn auto-return on.

--Cinn

If you look on the Objects tab in About Land, any prims listed as "owned by others" are the ones that Auto-Return would zap.

You can click on "show" for that category before you switch it on and see what gets highlighted. If it currently includes a lot of stuff that you would want to stay there, you could send out a group notice warning people to come and check their stuff is set to the right group because it will be switched on in 24 or 48 hours or whatever.

Setting the time span for the auto-return can be controversial. Personally I prefer it to be fast...Like 1 minute, so that if I happen to be rezzing stuff or building with the wrong tag on, I find out after 1 minute when my stuff is returned, rather than spending 30 mins doing lots more work and getting all that sent back to me. But other people like it to be longer so that shoppers can unpack boxes or whatever, without a quick return.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4913 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.