Can someone help me, please!!

nellaflor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2604 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I can not log into my account. The first time I try to log in a window appears saying that I had to wait until a certain time to login. I waited and tried again in the required time, but when I tried a new window appeared saying "Login Failed.You can not complete your request at this time"

What does that mean??

I already changed my password, I reinstalled SL and it continues the same thing ... I have been in this problem since yesterday. I've tried login a thousand times and nothing, is included in the marketplace and on the site and I can not.

Can anyone explain to me what's going on, I'm new only 2 months into the game. I do not understand and I feel lost for not having any information of anything. I am very sad

@nellaflor

usually when it says you cant login at a certain time, you have to wait some minutes before you try again.

it may not be your fault, the place where you were may be experiencing trouble, not be online, it may be in maintenance.

what you can do is log in in another place, a way you can do that is selecting in the destination guide ( http://secondlife.com/destinations ) a place you like, and click "teleport", it will take you a different place.

if you can not login to the second life website, you need to remember your password, remember if it had some Uppercase or lowercase letters, it may make a difference.

Edited by Canoro Philipp

the messages that appear when you are being logged out from the sim need to be more clear of what is going on, like the one that you can not login because you login from a different location, what does that mean? it means a different location on the grid? am i being hacked and someone log in with my account from a different place in the world? does second life thinks I'm using another computer? did my IP changed?

it would be more clear if the announcement would say "we need some time to log off your avatar from the grid, we need to do so for you to be able to log in again, you can try again in (number) minutes, thank you for your patience.", or "we are preparing the world for you, please wait.."

Edited by Canoro Philipp
  • Like 1

I know this is 'old school SL technology', but I am thinking maybe she's ghosted somewhere.  In the old days, sometimes if you could get to a ghosted avatar, and bump them, or pay them a dollar, or push them, it would help to log them off.  Otherwise, they'd stay stuck there until a sim restart.  Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't, was worth a try.   Again, that was old days, haven't seen a ghosted avatar for awhile, but.....  just a thought.  Nellaflor, do you know what sim you were on when you left SL?  The name of the sim?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2604 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.