Answers a Mess

Nalates Urriah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I used to be fairly active answering questions posted in ANSWERS. Trying to use Answers I have come to think it is totally broken.

See: BUG-41534 - New Answers Search Broken

I have yet to figure out how to ask a question, much less track pending questions so I can provide answers.

Anyone figured out to find pending questions?

Or how to ask questions?

It's not broken, but it's very different from the Answers forum we all hated, but had become used to.

How to ask a question:  There's a link in the upper right, next to the orange "Reply to this topic" button, that says "Start new topic".

How to find pending questions:  There is no longer a display of all the most recent posts in Answers as a whole (darn it!!!!!)  Instead, all the help forums are listed...Griefing, Account, Technical, etc.  Sub-forums with unanswered posts are shown in boldface.

There does not appear to be a forum-specific Search function.  However, there's the site-wide Search box at the right side of the top menu bar.  But you may be right about this being broken.  I tried entering "graphics driver" there, and it only searched THIS thread, returning (as might be expected) no results.  I tried directing the search to the Technical sub-forum of Answers, but it again searched THIS thread.  Hmmm.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
new info

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.