Can i Change my first name ?

Event Boa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Go to https://my.secondlife.com/ then click the settings option on the left hand side of the page, and type whatever name you like into the "Display name" box, as that is the only name change option SL allows.

You cannot change your legacy format login name at all, Event you are, and Event you will remain, but you can hide behind a mask so to speak with a display name.

• Like 1

Good lord, why would you want to change it!?  Just to start with, "legacy" names...those with a first name and a surname...stopped being issued more than two years ago, so they identify you as an old, experienced Resident.  "Boa" was one of the first surnames issued by LL, so your name places you among the "founding fathers" of Second Life.

And "Event" is just...cool.  And unusual.  Sure, you might be mistaken for a DJ, or maybe even a club bot or something, but I think that having an original and unique name like "Event Boa" would be worth it.

If it were me, I'd try to come up with a suitable Display Name to go with it.  If you're a female avatar, "Eve" springs immediately to mind.  If a male, "Everett".  Or if you're the whimsical sort and often late, "Eventual."

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.