No Access To My Rented Land

faithhart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2797 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Several of us are unable to teleport to our land.  It's different sims owned by the same person.  We haven't been able to get to our land all day.  I don't see there is any maintenance happening today, so what would cause such an issue if we have all paid our rent?

5 answers to this question

Hi Faith,

If only one sim were inaccessible, I'd say it's time to request a sim restart (which I think only the owner can request). But, since you claim several different sims have gone offline, I wonder if the owner hasn't fallen into arrears. You paying your rent to the landlord is not the same as your landlord paying the rent to LL.

Did you try to IM the owner or any sim related groups? If this is a case of LL closing sims for payment failure, there should be a lot of consternation about.

• Like 3

I really hope Madelaine's suspicion is wrong but if it is, you can ask Linden Lab to reopen the sims temporarily so you can retrieve any items you have rezzed there. You won't get back the land or the rent you paid back of course but at least you won't loose any of your belongings.

But that's still the worst case scnario, let's hope it's just a temporary glitch.

• Like 1

I don't know the procedure for that, I've only seen it mentioned occasionally on the forums. But you obviously have to open a support case, you can do it here:

https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

Support cases are processed within 24 hours and you will receive an email as soon as LL has looked at it. Once the sim is reopened, you have a limited time to get there and retrieve your belongings.

Of course, there's no need to bother with it at all unless there are no-copy items or other items you don't have backups of in the sim.

• Like 1

A few additions: 1) Estate Owners, Region Owners & Estate Managers can request Immediate Region Restarts from Linden Lab Support. Additionally, residents may also request region restarts when a region is demonstratively acting flaky. 2) If an estate Owner has fallen arears in payments one or more of his regions in an Estate, the residents may petition LL by opening a Support Case requesting a region to be made available and making sure to monitor their email daily to see the day LL will restore the affected region and for how long it will be available to recover rezzed no-copy items.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2797 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.