Question about prims on my land.

Elora Dumpling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

11 answers to this question

yes it will eat in to your prims if you don't have enough prims the objects tab of the about land window will say xx prims will be deleted where xx is the number of prims over your land's allowance if the driver exits the vehicle on your land it will remain on your land if there are enough prims if auto return is set to 0 it will stay there till you return it with auto return from 1 minute upwards the vehicle will return to owner (if owner isn't you and it's not set to the group of your land) after 1 or how ever many minutes you set if there are not enough prims the vehicle should just auto return 

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure vehicles are a special case and do NOT count against parcel prims while they are still sat on.  Unfortunately I can't find any information about that in the wiki.  I will dig more tomorrow but, certainly, they become ordinary objects - and count against parcel prims - if the driver leaves them.

Always set auto-return on every parcel!

ETA: "Vehicles", using the LL/LSL definition of them, are always unmanned or sat on, they are not 'worn'.  There is a limit of 32 prims for a vehicle object so complex vehicles often include something that 'looks good' as an attachment but that is not the vehicle.  There still needs to be something you sit on and control.

PeterCanessa Oh is correct, a true vehicle does not use the local parcel prims.  Each sim has unallocated prims to use for visiting avatars and vehicles. 

A vehicle is only a vehicle  if it has an avatar sitting in it.  The moment the avatar stands up it becomes an object and no longer entitled to vehicle privileges such as allowing scripts to continue running when over no-script land.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.