Blue Galaxian Feline and Solarian inter-compatibility.

GigaDrayco69

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 84 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm fairly new to SL and I'm wondering how interchangeable outfits are between the BG Feline and Solarian, especially since they're both 100% mesh avis. I know that anything that fits on the legs is right out (The shapes are totally different.) and the head, but what about the torso and pelvis? To my eyes (Albeit untrained.) It looks like you might need some minor resizing to fit, if that. Anybody have experience with both that can tell me if I'm onto something, or way off-base on this?

I don't think so. The body shape for the Blue Galaxian Feline and Solarian are different. One of my friends bought a Blue Galaxian Feline and gave up trying to get *anything* to fit her mesh body. The frustration was compounded with Blue Galaxian's decision to not support classic avatars in any way. In the end she bodged the skin problem by using a latex outfit from Liquid Mind as a replacement 'skin' or an off-the-shelf skin from Fallen Gods and just the head, paws and feet from her Blue Galaxian Feline avatar. She was able to use most of her wardrobe or clothes [classic, sculpted and mesh] without it looking too incongruous.

Bottom line is: mesh avatars look great. No doubt the Bento ones will too. Be prepared to ditch your entire wardrobe and start all over from ground zero. And it will get very expensive very quickly.

To qualify, non human mesh avis, and some human for that matter. Any mesh avi that is outside the average default SL body will have a problem unless, even with being out, it conforms to the SLUV and is Omega compatible. Then you can use applier clothing. Human ones, like Sking for instance, can't use mesh clothing because it is sized outside the average default.

Don't blame creators of mesh clothing when you choose an avi that the shape or size doesn't conform to what's available. Mesh clothing is an attachment, just like the mesh body. There is no way designers can create clothing that will fit every mesh body on the grid. 

Your default avi is mesh btw, just not as many polygons to it so it isn't as smooth. Even in real life, if you have body deformity problems, such as dwarfism or other skeletomuscular problems, off the rack clothing isn't going to fit properly. 

• 7 years later...

I make mesh clothes for the BGFeline, maitreya and hourglass all in one pack HOWEVER i had a house fire and lost all my blend file dev kits with my computers. If anybody still has the mesh body download somewhere in their pc ... or in a dropbox somewhere (like it use to be) Id really like to redownload that. :(

I really want my bg back. I love that i can make outfits for her for myself and others. 

*crossing my fingers that someone sees this.*

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 84 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.