Inventory Default Folder

Rayanna Shelman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2693 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

At the risk of sounding very silly, where is (or what is) the default folder in inventory.     A while ago I detached an outfit from my avatar but by mistake I clicked on send to default folder.     Looked through inventory, done searches etc but the outfit is nowhere to be seen.    Since this happened, recently received notecards and a group gift have also "vanished".     Now I am worried about buying anything in case this "disappeared" along with the other recent items.      I am using Firestorm Viewer.

Are you sure you aren't sending them to the TRASH?   As far as I know there is no default folder in the viewer. Notecards will appear under notecards when they come in, objects under objects, landmarks under landmarks. You can of course move things to other folders to your liking.  

When you detach and outfit (you can't actually do this in the outfits folder --- you replace an outfit with another or add to it) the outfit should still be in the outfits folder. You can DELETE and outfit. You normally get a warning asking if you really want to delete (unless you have turned that off in FS). Deleting and OUTFIT doesn't delete the clothes and skins and such IN that outfit, it only deletes the links that were there to those objects. 

So you should be able to remake that outfit and save again if you deleted it by mistake. Again, look in your trash maybe :D

All that being said, things DO disappear by themselves from your inventory. Databases are tricky things and items bought and creations uploaded can just disappear or become corrupted. So keep that in mind, make backups within your inventory (this doesn't always work if an item has completely disappeared from the database; in that case it is NOWHERE inworld any longer -- such as my store logo texure that was somehow deleted last year :D --  but it helps).

Good luck.  

Rayanna Shelman wrote:

At the risk of sounding very silly, where is (or what is) the default folder in inventory.     A while ago I detached an outfit from my avatar but by mistake I clicked on send to default folder.     Looked through inventory, done searches etc but the outfit is nowhere to be seen.    Since this happened, recently received notecards and a group gift have also "vanished".     Now I am worried about buying anything in case this "disappeared" along with the other recent items.      I am using Firestorm Viewer.

The "send to default folder" feature will move the selected inventory item to the matching system folder: Objects, Gestures, Animations, Clothing and so on. It won't get bumped up to most recent, so you might find it more easily if you set the filter date to be older than whatever catches the rest of its original folder.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2693 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.