System Notice

Grace Loudon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2837 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Unfortunately, the solutions offered didn't provide any insight.  I've owned the region for just about 13 years - I'm the only region owner so no practical jokers, no new region bugs, it is the Firestorm viewer which I've used since it was created...oh well - I'll just write it off as a new "thing"!  Haven't seen it again and haven't had any problems.  Thanks so much for offering up the advice !

Original Question:  Here's one I've never received before:  "We are sorry, Linden Lab has discovered degraded performance on your connection to the region you are on. You will need to restart Second Life and log into a new region for the next 30 minutes to an hour. We apologize for the inconvenience."

I got this as I was adjusting textures using planar.  Thirteen years in SL and this is the first time I've ever received this message.  The first time I did what it said, but then got the message again under the same circumstances.  Any ideas?

3 answers to this question

Well it's always possible that LL has changed a message for that circumstance that is a bit more clear and friendly.

Basically the message said the problem was the connection to the region.  So did you log into a new region?  It's possible if you did that region was having the same issue.

Just on the off chance it's a connection problem on your end and you continue to get that message no matter what region you log into see this:  http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

They are right, this is often a connection issue. Having good Internet does NOT mean you have a good connection to the SL servers. So, test the connection to SL.

As you will see there are a number of things that can degrade your connection. Once those are handled you can move on to other troubleshooting steps.

We are assuming you are using the Linden made SL Viewer. When asking tech questions click the viewer's HELP->ABOUT... before or after login and copy paste that info in with your question. Use OPTIONS in the upper right of your post to edit it.

Third Party viewers are listed here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

Pick one and install it. You can use it to troubleshoot. If it lets you edit your stuff, the other viewer has a problem. If not, your computer, connection, or region has a problem.

Edit your post to tell us what you found.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2837 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.