Land I am renting. No covenant and threat to evict though rents are paid in advance.

pennytrated

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've been renting from a friend for sometime.  His now time g/f has taken a dislike to me and was nasty in our first contact saying something of mine was on her property.  It had to be a glitch in SL because no way could have gotten there.  But she returned it killing the animal.  After her telling me I was being snippy, (please, thank you and I apprecaite your help) are apparently now considered snippy. 

But trying to be a good neighbor I moved from her side of the parcel my objects 5m from the lines and an additional 5M from the item I was rezzing from the fence to her property.    Today I went to finish a project and I kept getting object error messages.  Last thing I wanted was another fight with her or my friend so I looked at the messages and cammed over to their property and did an area search.

The odd thing was the property was now set for sale by her.  I hadnt seen them for a while so I assumed (and maybe not a good idea) they were moving and set it for sale pending the move.   So I bought it.  I didnt return anything.  I sent her a message that I got the place for the extra prims.  She said it was a mistake and didnt know how she set her land for sale? I could have sold it back but I got yelled at by the b/f to talk to him. So I said no ...and she starts again with the insults.  This coming from someoen in 8 years?.... Anyway.... He gets on and steals the property using his estate powers to take it (I had paid 4 weeks in advance) and demands to know what I will give him to get the property back. 

It keeps going for a bit..then he threatens to hack my computer (I reported him).  But in all of this is he says he doesnt have to because of the covenant.  I took screen shots of the covenants on that sim but one.   None say no refunds.

Am I write that he can not take my land because his silly g/f set the land for sale, (the fact she was rude aside), and not the parcel I bought..but the whole thing..then starts to return objects that can be damaged demanding what will I give him.

I have no idea what to do.

3 answers to this question

If you were not the owner of the parcel, meaning paying tier to Linden Lab, there is nothing you can do. The Lab won't mix into arguments like this.

Move. There is no point arguing with mean, lying, dishonest people.

It is likely the g/f will start taking her issues out on the b/f once there are no other targets. Revenge will likely take care of it self.

• Like 4

Thank you I am looking into moving but I have 4 weeks on this property so I am not leaving yet. But I will. Ive never had an issue with a neighbor before I wasn't able to work out on a one on one basis, and this one's g/f has to call her Daddy? What really sucks...I've been renting from them forever and never had an issue before. Heck last neighbor I chatted with, we had cross over prims (turns out two palms), we got it all worked out...and he gave me four horses and asked me out. Go figure

Let's cut through all the Drama.  Here are the facts:

You are renting from someone who owns a private region.  

In Second Life, the golden rule is, "He Who Owns the Land, Makes the Rules."  A land owner can kick you off his land at any time, for any reason, or even for no reason at all.

The Terms of Service do not require land owners to give refunds.  Even if the covenant says that they offer refunds, they are not required to honor that policy.

The person threatening to "hack your computer" almost certainly cannot do so.  They're just saying that to upset you.

Any other issues such as who set the land for sale, who placed objects where, etc. are irrelevant and are only part of the Drama.

Your best recourse, as Nalates, suggests, is to simply move.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.