are other people's money disappearing too?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

there are major problems with the second life website...

first off i used the delayed buy feature to buy lindens like i've done many times before.  i set a pretty high rate, and after the recommended 4 days 0 lindens were filled, i cancelled the order.   the money disappeared.  you can read the details about the money disappearing if you want here

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Linden-Dollars-L/i-cancelled-an-order-and-the-money-disappeared/qaq-p/3086068/comment-id/13578#M13578

i contacted support and i told support privately if this takes more than 2 months i will take them to small claims court (sue second life).  it's not ok for a website to make your money disappear.  it's been 2 days since it happened, and after i contacted support they asked me for my security question, my date of birth, and other information. i replied and i haven't heard back since.  i know it's only been 2 days, but if it's a problem with the website they don't need to "communicate" with me.  they should just realize it's a bug and fix it.  still if they are doing this to other people, it could turn into a class action lawsuit.  

my other problem with this website is that it doesn't show comments in the "answers" thread.  one of the "senior helpers" answered my question with something unrelated to my question as you can see in the link above.  i guess the senior helper didn't know what to say to help me, so she gave a generic answer which didn't apply to my question.  i replied and thanked her for the quick reply (as you can see in the above post) but my comment was hidden by the website.  i found out if you click the "permanlink" at the bottom it shows my comment.  "permalink" means "permanent hyperlink" which implied "anchor link".  there is no way to tell a reader there is another comment, if that's even supposed to happen.  i don't mind bugs in second life, even though it's the buggiest "simulation" or "game" i've ever played, because i understand it's free to use and things are constantly changing.  bugs in the website especially when a website eats my money is not acceptable.  they are gaining interest off of the money i paid them while it's hidden in their website.  i am jumping through hoops just to get my money back.

what the hell is wrong with this website?

There is no major problem..

You did not buy delayed.. you tried to buy against a total offscale rate...299 against a average of 270

Threatening a support employee won't help at all. Go ahead... let's get a good laugh and sue LL for a penny worth

When your ticket is open and awaiting response, it will get at the desk of somebody soon again, but hey there are only a few more users ... just be patient.

The answer section works as it does, its no discussion forum, you ask a question and you get answers as close possible to help you. If you need additional facts, you can edit your original post.

As the forums are run by other residents, the answer you got is totally right. You need to contact support when it's about these account issues. Nobody here can see it.

And as last... nobody unusual is wrong with the website..

If you can't deal with it... pitty but we can't help you.

thank you for replying

however, there are a lot of incorrect things about what alwin wrote...

there is obviously a major problem because my money disappeared after cancelling an order and it's the 3rd day now my money is still gone.  it's supposed to go back into my account "immediately" so i can buy lindens at a different rate, but the money is still not there.  maybe threatening an SL employee won't do anything, but it's worth a try, and when linden labs gets served, it will mean something to them.  they need to fix my problem, or they could be facing a lawsuit.  

the answer section DOES NOT work correctly.  i can comment on "answers".  here is "proof".  

here is the main link people will arrive at when they click on my thread.  as you will notice, no referene to any comment is there.  there is NO DIFFERENCE in the way this page looks whether or not there is a comment or not

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Linden-Dollars-L/i-cancelled-an-order-and-the-money-disappeared/qaq-p/3086068

and here is the SAME PAGE showing my comment.  

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Linden-Dollars-L/i-cancelled-an-order-and-the-money-disappeared/qaq-p/3086068/comment-id/13578#M13578

regardless whether the forums is "run" by users, it has to be moderated in some fashion.  this website was not designed by users.  i've created forums linked to video games and payment options before.  it's not really that difficult.  someone screwed up.  as for the answer the "senior helper" gave, how does that apply to my question?  i asked a very specific question, and i was given an answer which did not apply to my question at all.  if people simply post on a forum to up their post count, it fills a forum like this with unneccessary posts.  if the senior helper in some way was approved by linden labs, they should not be posting in the answer section with unrelated things.  the senior helper should have simply wrote "you did the right thing filling out a ticket" or offered some advice which helped me, not just posted non technical contact information.  i really don't see how this isn't a technical issue.  

i don't mind people disagreeing with me about things, however please don't disagree just to disagree.  i'm making legitamate points here.  it's great people like to disagree, but please make sure you know what you are talking about before you "randomly disagree" with things people write.  one of the problems with society is the ability to disagree and accuse people without being at risk in any way yourself.  so alwin disagreed with me.  does alwin get to keep disagreeing with anything and everything people write?  how many times has alwin disagreed with people before and it been incorrect?  honestly i don't know why anyone uses forums if more than half of the things people write on forums are incorrect or not pertinent.  maybe i should go to alwin's posts and just disagree to disagree without caring if what i'm writing is legitamate or not.  please be considerate of other people's problems alwin.  

thank you for the reply whirly, but i was referring to the main thread on answer pages, not this page.  i know the rest of the main pages on these forums display comments like they should.   the answer forums allow comments but hide comments.  

the problem got fixed after a weird phone call to linden labs.  just to finish the story about my problem...

i just finished a phone call with lindens labs, and they were able to help me with a technical question (exactly the opposite of what the "senior helper" wrote in the "answer" thread I'M TALKING ABOUT THE ANSWER THREAD I LINKED INITIALLY, NOT THIS THREAD.  PLEASE READ CORRECTLY AND AT LEAST REALIZE THOSE LINKS WEREN'T REFERRING TO THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE GOING TO DISAGREE ABOUT SOMETHING).

after i cancelled the limit buy, the money just disappeared for a couple days. the money would probably be missing forever if i didn't submit a ticket. my guess is that they won't even fix this problem. they will allow this bug to go unfixed. the money magically reappeared as if had never cancelled, and only after i submitted the ticket. i got no message telling me the money was back, and the "answer" is still open. if i had not contacted support i doubt the money would have ever come back. even the woman on the phone when i called lindens labs agreed it was a bug of some kind. the LINDEN LABS WOMAN ON THE PHONE SAID IT WAS BILLED AS BOTH AN INSTANT BUY AND A LIMIT BUY.  that was the bug .  

THIS IS A BUG ON THE WEBSITE. EVEN THE SUPPORT PERSON GAVE VERBAL PROOF.

when i gave my security question, they never recieved it apparently according to the woman i was talking to. why ask for a security question and other personal info if you arent going to do anything when you get it? maybe the person reading the ticket doesn't know how to operate the website? maybe the person reading the ticket could not see my reply due to another bug in the website?

i think linden labs should fire their website designer and half of their staff who are not getting anything accomplished. it wouldn't make much of a difference if they fired a lot of people apparently. just don't fire the people who are doing a good job.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.