Too many messages capped 'GLITCH'

NOELxoxo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2696 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

been logging in and getting the 'toomany messages capped' , but in my case its some form of glitch, as i log out and log back in immediately and it shows up. every time. no matter what. not sure this is firestorm or sl. but its annoying af.   I tried the email offline, option.  doesnt work. that same system message shows up. tried clearing cache and leaving every group. still shows up. its there all the time. and i have not received any regular messages in days now. 

yep exactly. 2 days. trying to get help from firestorm is like trying to pull a tooth.  no way to get help , except to follow an obstacle course thru their website, then join some chat via some link, and then wait for an officer of this chat to invite you, but first you have to wait for someone to show in the chat. ....literally almost had it with firestorm. so has my pc. 

NOELxoxo wrote:

yep exactly. 2 days. trying to get help from firestorm is like trying to pull a tooth.  no way to get help , except to follow an obstacle course thru their website, then join some chat via some link, and then wait for an officer of this chat to invite you, but first you have to wait for someone to show in the chat. ....literally almost had it with firestorm. so has my pc. 

Their feelings would not be hurt if you used a different viewer.

NOELxoxo wrote:

literally almost had it with firestorm. so has my pc. 

There are other TPV viewers and there is the official Linden viewer.  Maybe you should consider changing if you are finding Firestorm unsuitable for your use?

And to make it super easy for you to do that here is the list of others: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

And here is the link to the official viewer: https://secondlife.com/support/downloads/ This one is particulary easy for you to move to, just press the large orange button.

NOELxoxo wrote:

It sounds like you went to the wrong place for help.  Firestorm Support English group is open to join, you don't have to wait to get an invite.

Paste the following into local chat, click the link in chat & click the Join Group button on the group profile.

secondlife:///app/group/3a1be8d4-01f3-bc1a-2703-442f0cc8f2dd/about

Other ways to get help can be found here: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/getting_help

I suspect the cause of your problem may be an object or avatar you have blocked/muted is sending you constant spam messages, which count towards the message cap.

For details see: BUG-40976 - Muted IM spam counts toward offline IM's resulting messages being capped on relog

This is not a viewer problem.

Whirly Fizzle wrote:

NOELxoxo wrote:

It sounds like you went to the wrong place for help.  Firestorm Support English group is open to join, you don't have to wait to get an invite.

Paste the following into local chat, click the link in chat & click the Join Group button on the group profile.

secondlife:///app/group/3a1be8d4-01f3-bc1a-2703-442f0cc8f2dd/about

Other ways to get help can be found here:

I suspect the cause of your problem may be an object or avatar you have blocked/muted is sending you constant spam messages, which count towards the message cap.

For details see:
-
Muted IM spam counts toward offline IM's resulting messages being capped on relog

This is not a viewer problem.

I am locked out of that JIRA, but I assume we still get IMs in email, so we are still seeing all messages. I got the offending message a couple of times and ignored it.

Pamela Galli wrote:

I am locked out of that JIRA, but I assume we still get IMs in email, so we are still seeing all messages. I got the offending message a couple of times and ignored it.

Ugh drat.  Sorry, I didn't notice that issue was set to triagers & reporter only.

The title of the issue explains the problem though - "Muted IM spam counts toward offline IM's resulting messages being capped on relog"

Whirly Fizzle wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

Ugh drat.  Sorry, I didn't notice that issue was set to triagers & reporter only.

The title of the issue explains the problem though - "Muted IM spam counts toward offline IM's resulting messages being capped on relog"

May not be the issue, then, because everything I have received in IM is there on relog, even when I have gotten the message.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2696 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.