Symmertic rotation of sculpture prim, any hint please? :3

Darkraven Danick

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

working on a prim mirror script, almost there, but I kinda failed to find out the correct Symmertic rotation equations of the sculptures >.>

and nope please don't tell me to buy a mirror tool from marcket place, I can't, because what I need is the open-source script that allow me to work in other grids....

would someone PLEEEEASE tell me how to make it wrork? if you are a scripter and you already know it, but don't want to let the kitty out of the bag, can you at least please tell me where to find the mathematic equation that would make it work, so that I can figure it out myself?

lots of thanks in advance~ :3

I don't know about symmetric rotation:(
If you want to make a sculpted prim symmetry with respect to a plane, it is a matter of reversing a bit:

list primDing = llGetPrimitiveParams([PRIM_TYPE]);primDing = llListReplaceList(primDing, [llList2Integer( primDing, 2) ^ PRIM_SCULPT_FLAG_MIRROR], 2, 2);llSetPrimitiveParams([PRIM_TYPE]+primding);

• Like 1

Like Dora, I'm a bit unclear about what you mean by "symmetric rotation."  With respect to what?  If you are reflecting across a plane, you can get the angle between that plane and where the object is facing by using llRotBetween.  Then just apply that angle in the opposite direction to get the new rotation.  I'm not sure that's what you are looking for, though........

• Like 1

well it's a prim mirror script, so it is reference to the mirror face, and what I want is to find out the correct rotation that can flip the sculpture prim from one side of the mirror to another side ~

never use llRotBetween before, IDK...

but never mind! I just find out the correct algorithm via enumerate! and now it works perfectly! X3

thanks again though, for at least try to answering such a vague question. I'll close this topic then~

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.