One HUD for multiple body appliers

Meranda Gloom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I want to make a HUD that, when the button is pushed, the texture applies to Slink OR Maitreya OR Omega-compatible parts. Right now I make 3 different HUDs for each product and I'd love to declutter my customers' (and my own!) inventories. If this is possible, could someone talk me through the process at a high level? Thank you!

I haven't tried this yet, but was seriously thinking of it.  The only way I can see to do it would be to make each applier for each of the body makers you are making them for.  Then link them all to one larger hud board that has no scritps in it making that the main link.  Theoretically it should work. 

At one time Lumae had appliers like that; my skin has tons of choices all on one smallish hud. I think she has changed to the Omega system now maybe? But it is possible and works very nicely. Might be a ton of work on the creator end however. Not my realm.

I'm not great at explaining things but here goes. If I totally confuse you, maybe someone can step in and make the information more clear.

You have already done the bulk of the work because you have already made 3 seperate huds for each of your different appliers (Slink,Maitreya, Omega). Now all you have to do is create a main (parent) prim and attach (link) the 3 prims (applier huds) to it. The main (parent) prim will be the prim where you can put text with your store name or whatnot on it. Then the 3 prims you have attached to it will have the applier name so the customer will know which applier they are about to use. A couple of tips when doing this. 1. Make sure that you don't accidently put any of the applier scripts inside your "main" prim. The main prim shouldn't contain any files inside of it. It is just there to have something to attach your huds to for organization. 2. Also make sure once your finished to take the full hud into your inventory and attach it as a hud. Then select the location you wish it to be on your screen. Then unattach it. And your ready to go. If you don't remember to do this step, customers will end up with it being on their hand when they try to attach it to their avatar and they won't be able to use it correctly.

Edited to include photo.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.