Looking for Linden Bears

Rufferta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Inspired by Ferd Frederix's "How to Find and Get Linden Bears in Second Life" on www.outworldz.com I followed his clues.

I got Nichol Linden's prototype bear at the corner office in Linden Estate Services.

I found the Lottie, Elle, and Concierge Linden Bears in the 1-World Village in Meiji West.

I found the Scottie Bear by Lynx Linden in Pooley.

I followed the clues from the white bear on the railing of Simon Linden's house in Denby and got a Simon Linden Bear (eventually).

Having run out of Ferd's clues I kept looking. I found bears from Kelly, Kyle, Dakota, Alexa and Brooke Linden on the Marketplace. 

In Rizal I played a "Claw" game and got a stuffed Mole toy and a shoulder teddy, and then at Pyri I clicked on some of the game booths and got a Pyri Bear/Mermaid but after that I ran out of places to look. For example, one blog said that Harmony Linden had set out a bear on her parcel in Linden Village but I couldnt find the parcel.  There don't seem to be very many Lindens inworld at all, in fact. I pulled up search and put in %Linden and profile after profile was completely blank - no profile picture, no picks, nada.  I think it was one of the few full profiles that said "If you want my bear, look on the Marketplace." I guess they get tired of getting IM's saying "send me a bear".

Anyone have any information about any Linden Bears that might be available without having to trespass or IM? I'm looking for information for a short notecard tour for my Tourist Information Office.  The notecard will also include a short paragraph on "How to Identify a Linden Inworld".  (My understanding is that they will be called _________Linden, their profile will say "Linden Lab Employee" and their chat text will be blue...any other clues?)

Thanks in advance for any help or advice. 

I'm afraid the Linden Bear Collection ship has sailed. I personally collected 179 of them between 10/31/2008 and 03/02/2009, and looking at my list I'm afraid almost all of the Lindens who I got bears from are long gone. The Linden Village sims used to be almost full and most Lindens back then had set up a home, and many of them had a bear. Many bears were also issued for special events. Sadly yes the era of finding Lindens in world who would show up at events or you might see out shopping or at the Linden Village area is just a memory.

I have some Philip Linden bears that I will never part with unless you pay me an enormous amount of money : )

I used to collect them but they are too high prim to put out so I lost interest.

Soft Linden has a bear you get from hunting on his home base, look at his profile.

Oz Linden has a bear you can get by telling him something about SL he doesn't know (he used to have that offer). That is a VERY hard job to do, but I finally came up with something and got the bear!

Most (all?) of these bears aren't copyable so I can't send them to you. The earliest ones were when the Lindens were more in "share" mode; now they make all their stuff non-transfer.

Harmony is long gone AFAIK.

I've got the rare "Thanks a Million" bear when they reached one millio sign-ups and "Viewer 2" bear and "Billing" bear.

You could likely get a bear from Patch Linden and I think Guy Linden and Michael Linden would give you bears.

I have a rare Andrew Linden bear BTW. Some day I should put this enormous collection on display.

One of my great losses in inventory loss mayhem is the apparently permanent loss of my Exposition Linden card. There used to be Linden trading cards, too. This was an extremely rare one. This was like a 1909 Honus Wagner baseball card. But it's lost : (

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.