I'm being verbally abused by one with many alters, and cannot stop it. Muting does no good.

Silken1488303382

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4733 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

i'm sorry to hear about your issue!

I'm not sure how to fill out an AR, so perhaps this does not help at all.

Do not give the people the satisfaction of knowing the abuse is getting to you. Do not reply to them, do not respond to them in any way. File AR's but don't let the person(s) know it. Do, however, include some of the communication from the person(s). Then mute them. For each new person/alt, rinse and repeat.

Notecards contain text you can copy and paste in an AR, and IM's are logged (I think by default) so you should be able to copy the text from them to include when filing an AR.

Muting people should stop IM's from coming in, and automatically discard anything - also notecards - they send.

- Luc -

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about this. Luc has given you good advice. Just keep submitting Abuse Reports and muting each alt. List previous AR references in each AR. The AR form is somewhat limited as to what you can fit it. Copy/paste text as Luc said but also provide the UUID of any notecards, [right click on notecard in inventory, select 'copy asset UUID', Ctrl+P to paste into the AR form].

When the automated reply arrives, reply to it with any additional information you could not fit in on the original form (it is not a no-reply email so you can do this). I would suggest you open the abusive notecard and Snapshot it against part of the SL background  (make sure Interface is ticked in the Snapshot Capture section so the notecard appears in the photo), save to your computer and attach to your email. You can do the same with IMs. It's harder for LL to ignore abuse like this when provided with such compelling visual evidence.

• Like 2

You used to be able to include a photo you took yourself, now the AR form takes a snapshot itself from the viewpoint it has when you click the Report Abuse link and you can't alter it unless you close the AR window and reopen when you have the view you want. You have to tick a box to indicate you want to use that photo. The number of text characters is also limited and you can't attach anything. Not very good.

In two ARs I lodged last year, I took my own photos as well and submitted the photos and additional text in an email reply to the automated AR response. This is not recognized procedure I should add and to be honest, I don't know if LL take any heed of such replies or not as they never correspond on ARs but I do know the ARs were successful and dealt with quickly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4733 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.