Wearing a Necklace

Nalytha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've never tried to wear any jewlery. I am wondering if someone can help me. I bought this product: 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Half-Deer-Princess-Twinklefluff-Celestial-Necklace-Gold/9432368

I tried to wear it, but it isn't attaching correctly. I am wearing a maitreya body. When I right click and look at where I can attach this, it says my face is attached to my neck, so I can't attach there? 

Looks like you're doing it right!

Chest is the right point since it sits still (I think neck rotates a little, as you saw).

I use a system body but I still don't own any necklaces that I've not had to modify heavily in order to fit them - my guess is because breasticles start around the throat on the system av, if you're not super-endowed then the angle of this slope is... atypical. For me the important parts to modify are usually the lowest-most point (often displaced due to cleavage) and the space between the collarbone and shoulder.

Looks like you might benefit from having hair that covers the back of your neck. :P

Traditionally necklaces attach to chest or spine ( I had a jewelry store for some years). Before we could attach more than one thing in a spot most designers offered both choices in their necklace packs so that folks could wear the necklace with another attachment on the other point.

So your necklace apparently was set to the wrong spot. Many new designers do that and then don't test ^^.  

IF you buy a COLLAR (tight necklace right around your neck and not dangling) you can easily have issues as those typically don't work well for either system or mesh bodies. Some collars these days are rigged and sometimes work (other times not). So just a word of warning. Try a demo first.

Glad you worked it out.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.