Items missing from inventory

Enelya Swansong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2737 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have items that have totally disappeared from my inventory I use to have over 130K and now I am down to 98K something isn't right and alot are items I have bought or got as gifts that are now gone I will attach a photo of my inventory to show the empty folders I have logged in and out at least once if not twice a day and this issus has not resolved it self I have had to if possible get group gifts again if in notices etc but all the others I will have to go and show purchase again and have them resend IF they can even do that.

ANY ideas or suggestions or a way to contact SL support about this?????

1 answer to this question

The problem is that your inventory is WAY too big, and you have folders that are individually WAY too full.  When you log in, the asset servers send an update of your inventory to refresh the cache in your client.  The bigger your inventory is, the longer that takes.  If it's too big, the transfer will time out before it finishes, so you'll end up with an incomplete cache.

The ultimate solution is to start throwing away things, to get your inventory down to a manageable size (< 40K or so).  Failing that, you can try at least restructuring your inventory so that you divide the contents your largest folders into smaller subfolders with 100 item or so each. Meanwhile, you can try some of the strategies listed at http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_missing_inventory .  They may give you some temporary relief.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2737 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.