Is anyone having market place issues?

MonarchsCry

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I been trying to find a new house but everytime i search something it gives me the same houses and none of new and none of the options i use to get, im getting very very low qaulity houses that "new" people who are building make. Even when i select newest option.... im getting fed up. secondlife wont email me back.. when i type things in search it gives a history of nothing i ever searched, tried different internets, nothing is working... help?

2 answers to this question

The easy way is to look and see what is in Second Life. For that go look to see what people are renting out. Find something you like. Right-click and select properties. Look for the creator's name. Then search for that person. Look in their picks to f ind their store.

Search generally does pretty well for me. But, are you using in-world search in the Linden viewer or legacy search in the Firestorm viewer or search from the web page? Or forum search? Marketplace search? Or wiki search? Or Google, Yahoo, Bing...?

Give us some details. Give us the keywords you are using and whether you have it set to G, M, or Adult.

The page I see searching for 'rental' is: http://search.secondlife.com/?query_term=rental&collection_chosen=all&sort=&isLeftColOpen=true

If I search on house and filter by Buildings I get 35,481 hits. Adding the word mesh it cuts it to about 5,900 hits. House Mesh

The Classified ads show luxury rentals. The general results lists 9991 hits.I have a hard time understanding how you can't find what you are looking for.

You could visit Insilico and rent an appartment there. Those are some awesome places. But, I could rent a quarter SIM for what they cost, did last time I checked.

I believe what you are experiencing is the new Marketplace search - it was changed a few months ago and is quite different.  I wish I could offer some help with regard to how to better use it, but I also have trouble with it to find things that were easier to find with the old search.

Here's a link to a thread where you can read about it (it's quite long, so maybe take a look at the last comments).  The Lindens working on the search are watching that thread, so if you add your comment, they *may* see it. 

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/Marketplace-Beta-Search-New-Information/td-p/2981178

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.