Cannot see favorite landmarks when logging in

DTonyaTS1488303103

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Since the latest V2 update I cannot see my favorite landmarks on the login screen. Checked preferences and made sure the box was checked and logged in and out several times. All I can see is last location or type in region.

A little frustrating not to be able to log into a safe place that you know. Help for a noob please LOL.

9 answers to this question

I have just checked and mine are there fine (with the latest V2) so I can't imagine why they aren't working for you.

Hmmm, Peewee's answer makes me wonder - do you have a home position set and have you moved the landmarks you want to 'favourites' or are they just in landmarks?

2nd Edit: *(&%( Comments!  Yes, this is about the least-friendly interface for an Answers section ever devised.  There have been many complaints about it and no response from Linen Lab.  We just have to live with it.

Many agree about the new forums, it is as unfriendly to those trying to answer questions as is it is for the ones asking...Fixing it is on the "to do" list lol

As for your missing LMs, I`m glad home is still an option that you can use until its fixed, do you have your favourites bar hidden when you are inworld?...Not sure if that would hide it on login too, so just a thought.

My Favorites are not hidden and is a bit baffling as it was working fine before latest update. Also just testing to see I have noticed something.

When i am inworld, my preferences are set correctly in the general tab and the privacy tab to show Favorites at log in. But, when I open preferences from login screen, i notice that the show favorites box is not checked and the 8 center boxes, on privacy tab, from " only friends and groups know i am online" to " add date stamp" are in accessible to me. So I am guessing i am just gonna have to live with it and hope when next version comes out it will correct.

It sounds like a bug to me, when you are in advanced mode you should have the full features of the viewer, so I can`t see any reason why sections of the preferences should be greyed out in one place. Check to see if anyone has created a JIRA (bug report) for that issue and if not you can open one yourself. Attach a pic of what you are seeing in the preferences in the 2 places so that it is clear what the problem is.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.