Should mesh bodies be wearable as half bodies?

Persephone Emerald

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2832 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm looking for opinions on this subject. Would buyers of mesh bodies like to be able to wear only the top half of their mesh body, perhaps while wearing a mesh mer tail or pants? Would creators of mesh bodies be able to easily make their bodies as top and bottom parts, as well as allowing the hands & feet to be detachable?

Why would one want to wear only half of a mesh body if they can make part of it invisible anyway? Because being able to do so would lower worn scripts & rendering cost. Why should I have to wear invisible mesh legs if I want to wear a mesh mermaid tail or mesh jeans that would cover my legs anyway?

If one is wearing a top that has long sleeves with a short skirt or shorts, might one prefer to wear the mesh legs for their favorite mesh body without wearing the mesh upper body?

Might people like to wear the top half of one mesh body with the lower half of another one?

It wouldn't be difficult to to do from the mesh body creators point of view I don't think.  However, I'm not sure that wearing something in place of half the body would work.  The item would have to be designed to do that.  For example most of my jean's only come up to the hip or are slightly below the waist were the top of the body cuts off.  If I only wore the top half of the body there would be a gap there.

Moddable mesh bodies where the torso and legs are separate already allow for this. I remember one muscular body set in particular that sold the upper and lower bodies separately.

Personally, I've always felt modular mesh bodies are a great idea as they allow for a greater range of body types.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2832 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.