Viewer 2.6 Installation fails: Error opening dll files...

Chriz Palen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm getting the same error here on my end. I had my Viewer 2.0 set to auto-update, got that error, and than I had to do a fresh install since the viewer refused to update. I get the same exact errors (It gives the same error for multiple files, including one for SLvoice.dll)

Looks consistent to what you would see if you were trying to upgrade SL with SL running.  Check the task manager or reboot, then try again.  Also, you may find you get a better framerate if you change your windows theme to Windows Classic instead of using one of the Aero-based ones.

A few of the sub processes don't want to cleanly exit and are still "running" even when the viewer isn't. I've had this error for different DLL's on various releases. Since the files are in use, they can't be opened for writing (or replacing as is the actual case) during the upgrade. Either fully reboot or open your task manager and manually kill anything in the processes list related to second life. (most often it'll start with "sl:" and in my case it's always SLVoice.exe Rerun the setup/install and it'll go smoothly.

Becka Aulder said: "A few of the sub processes don't want to cleanly exit and are still "running" even when the viewer isn't...."

That may well have been the case Becka but I started from scratch and it's installed correctly now.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.