account hacked

KeTaWe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2854 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hi im writing to you because my account was hacked few hours ago and the hacker was sending links in my account to all the groups ... alot of people opened it and got hacked also . I m not responsilbe for that please note this i dont want to be banned because of this problom thats why im wirting to you now to notify you of these actions . please respond to me let me know why i should do .Thank you

2 answers to this question

Hi KeTaWe,

We're residents, just like you. So, we're the wrong people to contact in case your account truly has been hacked. And, if you're able to log-in here, I doubt you've been hacked. A diligent hacker would probably change the password to keep you from undoing any damage they've done, unless they're just trying to embarrass you by posting messages from your account, leaving you to explain it all. The only way others could be hacked by following links you sent is by giving the website at that link their username and password. It seems unlikely that many people in your groups would be naive enough to be phished.

If you're sure you really have been hacked, open a support case here...

https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

Select "Account Issue" from the first drop-down and "I believe my account has been compromised" from the second, then supply the requested information.

Good luck!

• Like 4

Follow the link Madelaine gave you, RIGHT NOW!  

You can also call the Fraud Hotline, 800-860-6990.

Remember, according to the Terms of Service, YOU are responsible for everything that is done with your account.  Reporting the compromise will help your case, but LL might choose to ban your account from Second Life.  They will certainly disable the account for a few days while they look into the matter.  Your groups may also eject you because "you" were sending out phishing links in the group chat.  If/when you get your account back, contact the owners of these groups and explain.  It may help, but they do not HAVE to let you back.

Consider this a learning experience, however it comes out in the end.  In SL, you and only you are responsible for your safety, and your account.  Be careful about clicking on URLs that people send you in email, in local chat, in group chat, or in IMs.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2854 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.