Help! I suddenly cannot log into FS, SL Viewer, Coolviewer

RowanRiverSong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2851 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Everything was fine over the weekend.  Logged in this evening no problem.  Now suddenly I get a message before I even get logged in stating that "firestorm has stopped working.  a problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Please close the program" then a box -> Close the program.

I have done a clean install, I have tried SL Viewer, Coolviewer, and I get the same thing.

Running a AMD Radeon video card, just updated the drivers. 

any one have any ideas here?

Answering here as I don't seem to have an option to reply to anyone.

First Answer.  No, this one is different.  couple of years ago I just changed the video card and it solved the problem.

Second Answer:  I didi a system restore and rolled it back a couple of days, but I'm going to make a note of your resolution should it happen in the future.

Thanks to those who responded.

2 answers to this question

Did suddenly get same problem yesterday. Both SL viewer and Firestorm shutting down before I culd press login.

I tried unninstall, reinstall, deleting cache...all the standard sugestions, and none of them worked.

So I did go into eventviewer to see if I could find any clues to the problem there. There I found this errror:

Error programpath: D:\Second Life\SL vIEWER\SecondLifeViewer\SecondLifeViewer.exe
Error modulepath:: C:\PROGRA~2\Raptr Inc\PlaysTV\ltc_game32-114279.dll

The fix for me was unninstall Raptr, and remove all its parts, deleting folder completly. Also did a regestry clean up after to remove all trash left by this program. I think Raptr is bundle software that comes with AMD software/drivers.

Disable Raptr might be enough: https://steamcommunity.com/app/206190/discussions/0/611696927931005910/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2851 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.