Issue with SL viewer and Firestorm Viewer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me.  I am running a custom made computer (3 years old in July) with the following:

Motherboard: GA870A-UD3

CPU:  AMD Phenom II x6 1100T

Video ADM Radeon HD 6800 Series

Hard Drive is a SATA 0.91TB (no where near full)

and 2 - 2GB physical memory

Bios is Award Modular Bios v. 600pg

Here's the problem.  A couple of weeks ago I did a clean install of both Second Life Viewer (it wouldn't update certain files on it's own) and the Firestorm 64 viewer.  Since that time I am having two problems.

Problem 1.  When in one certain area in SL I get freezes and black screens.  Evenutally I usually winding up doing an alt+ctrl+delete to get un locked and back into SL. 

Problem 2 and this one really distrubs me.  Over the last week, with increasing regularity my computer will turn on and as soon as I get logged into SL it will do a  hard shut down.  Then I have to turn off the i/o switch, hold in the power button and then turn everything back on.  No other programs, including World of Warcraft and World of Tanks is having this issue, it's only second life.  I have also had one instance where while IN SL the computer did a hard shut down. 

This second problem has begun since I did the update on SL.  I have, this morning removed the Firestorm viewer. However, even the new SL viewer is not allowing me to log in. 

ANY suggestions/input would be most helpful.

Could be a overheating problem?  Check cpu fan and video card fans. Secondlife requires more cpu and video card cooling than any video game. Cean up any dust build-up from cpu heat sink or video card heat sink.

secondly...Try installing Cool Viewer or  Singularity as they both use less resources than SL viewers

Thanks.  I installed a new fan about 2 months ago on the side of the computer, and just about 2 weeks ago cleaned the dust out.  I've left the one side open thinking it might be a heating problem but that makes no difference.  I'm kind of stumped as is my IT guy. 

BTW this is a liquid cooled system.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.